Luv2travelnow's Canopy Conversion

 

We decided to do this project due to the fact could not justify price of a regular slide-in Truck Camper. Originally, we had planned on and had ordered a Four-Wheel Camper, but canceled it after we talked futher. We already own Travel Trailer and wanted a Truck Camper for one to two day outtings while out with the travel trailer. All we needed was a place to sleep and some misc items.

Image Courtesy of Best Converters For the power we plan to use a Dynamics 30amp converter/charger with charge wizard. We are adding the converter to our project because we plan to use a Coleman 40 quart Thermo-electric cooler and a Mr. Coffee coffeemaker. This will allow us to have shore power when its available as well to run the camper in addition to using a deep cycle battery for when its not.

 

For the bed, we plan to build a raised platform to allows us storage space underneath. This will give us space for the converter as well as a place to store folding chairs, fishing poles, camp stove and a 12v12 Easy-Up dining canopy. The bed itself will be a full-size inflatable matress.

Below is images from our project, we will try to get updates to the site as we make progress in our work. Click on the images for a full-size version.

E-MAIL:       dan-pat-quinn@sbcglobal.net


Our 1997 Dodge Dakota

Cap installed 11/05/2004

More room than expected from the 23/29 wedge height

Padded carpeting added to floor next to do is wireing and xtra battery and shore power

Others Pullman Campers Builds